Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Caching Stats UPDATE and Life

What up Peeps?

So my latest and greatest of geocaching stats have been updated. See the bottom of my page to see my total numbers and the estimated time it will take for me to get 600 total finds. I will let you know now that I am closing in on 550 finds and with the upcoming weekend in OKC, I will be getting even closer.

The trip down to OKC I have planned to make a couple of quick stops once we cross into Oklahoma. One stop is a redemption stop at the OK Visitor Center on I-35 South. In November 2009, Indi and I made a trip to San Antonio, TX to visit my brother and his fam and we stopped at said visitor center and grabbed two of the three possible caches there. When we moved to the 3rd cache, we happened to be on the wrong side of the building and ended up back on the highway, totally missing the 3rd cache. So this time around it will be gotten and I will have my cache redemption. The next cache is a little further South on I-35 at a turn out stop. This one should be a quick grab if there aren't any muggles in the area.

In OKC, I have a pocket query completed to give me the most up-to-date active caches near the hotel we are staying at and in and around the OKC Marathon race start/finish. Saturday will be the racers' prep day and I might get a couple of caches found but Sunday is my day while the runners are out on the course. I know that there is going to be a few thousand muggles come race day, but I plan to get some caching done in Downtown Oklahoma City. Once the race is done for my wife and friends, I plan to grab a few caches on the way out of OKC. Once we get out of the OKC Metro Area, it will be a straight drive back to Kansas and Emporia to drop off our carpool guests. Upon dropping them off and getting back on the road, I have about 7 more caches planned depending on the daylight. Good thing I have Monday off next week because this weekend is going to be a busy one.

Before I go, I did get some caching done on Monday. It happened to be a frustrating caching trip in Olathe. I went out to go find about 13 caches to jump my total of 527 (starting) to 540 so I would be closer to 550. I only ended up finding 4 caches. Not very good since I average close to 7 finds every time I go out caching but at least I got a few finds to help my overall total. I now sit at 531 total all-time. This weekend, for me to go to my 550 milestone, I need to get 19 finds. If everything goes well, I already have 9 in the bag with the road trip portion of the OKC trip (2 on the way down and 7 on the way back). The rest is in OKC and all I have to do is get 10. Any more than that is a plus and helps get me closer to 600.

That is all I have for now but stay tune. Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are going to be buuuussy while we're out running, aren't you?? Here's hoping you have no troubles with your caching and we have no troubles with our running and we all meet up afterwards healthy and still walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope that some of the hubbies that are tagging along don't mind me walking all over the place.

    ReplyDelete