Friday, April 9, 2010

CACHING DAY (Moved to Sunday)!!!!

Morning Blogging Peeps!

It's that time again for another round of... GEOCACHING!!!!! Yes, that's right, I will be out and about on another whirl-wind tour of the KC Metro Area playing the game that I love! Why yes I am addicted but at least I can admit to it.

The plan today is once work it done, to go get some lunch and then hit the trail for the afternoon. I have my eye on about 10 (this is a usual amount that tend to go for) caches to get this afternoon. If I am able to get that quickly then I will step it up and get a few more to help my overall total. Ya know, I have said that for me it's a game of numbers but I like that geocaching takes me to new and unusual places with in the city that I live. Places that I would have never gone to... EVER. Yeah I know that some of these places can be questionable but that is when I take a partner or group with me. Safety in numbers is a good thing. But when I am out by myself, I hit places that I feel comfortable with. If I don't like the area then I move on. With that be said I also try not to do caches that are super difficult by myself.

If you follow me on Facebook, then back in Sept. '09 I broke my left elbow while on a bike ride (this was a scouting mission to locate areas for cache hides that I am going to place). So I am not looking to do any more damage to myself and while I am by myself as well. I play smart. One way I play smart is that I have this handy dandy wrist band thing called a Road ID. My Road ID is like a Medical bracelet but made for active peeps like runners or bikers who don't like to carry ID or insurance while being active. I got this for two reasons, when I go biking (remember the elbow) and geocaching. This neat little wrist band comes with an engraved tag on it that gives my name, emergency contact and then has a website to go to or number to call to get all my medical info if I have to be taken to the emergency room. The tag is interactive. So First Responders can get my info if I am unconscious.

So here is a list of things that I carry with me when I go caching.

GPS (given. You have to have this to play the game)
Car GPS (to get me from point A to point B by the roads)
iPhone (phone for emergency. This is how I record my finds. It's Green)
Watch
Road ID
Insurance and DL
Money
Pen
Note Pad
Gloves
Whistle
First Aid Kit
Batteries (extra charged pair for GPS
Water

This list is pretty basic but if I was going to go hike or hit the backwoods areas then I will pack some more things like a compass, hiking stick, food, and rope (never know when you might need some rope).

Okay so I have bored you enough for now. Stay turned however cause there is always more to come!

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Its going to be a fabulous afternoon for it it babe! Good Luck and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - we don't call you the Sherpa for nothing! You're definitely well-prepared. :) It is going to be a beautiful afternoon for geocaching! You know what else it's going to be beautiful for tonight? Shocker baseball! Yep, thought I'd throw that out there for two of my favorite Shockers.

    ReplyDelete